Welcome to the Centre for Sports!
Physical recreation through games and sports has been an important part of the Institute since its inception. The tradition continues, as students of the institute keep making use of the marvellous sports facilities to excel in sports and games. Students are encouraged to take part in various kinds of physical activities to keep their body and mind strong and alert. Activities are selected carefully to ensure that they match students’ ability levels and are also safe for all students. Programs and curriculum promote exercise and activity for its contribution to a healthy lifestyle. Lessons are planned so that students revisit and practice skills and concepts previously. Training plans are also prepared for the University Sports Teams.
About the Centre
To enhance the quality of life of every student and faculty through physical, mental, social, emotional and career development.
1. To enhance and create awareness on various activities and facilities offered by the Department of Physical Education.
2. To identify the talents at the entry level and create opportunities to take part in state, national and inter university competitions.
3. To identify the coaches and provide systematic coaching to the students to build up their talents.
4. To ensure the maximum utilization of all the available sports facilities.
5. To provide incentives and awards to maintain and sustain interest amongst the university sports person.